“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in london all that life can afford.”
In London one can stroll past grand buildings, marvel at the cultural wonders of the many museums and art galleries, and sample exquisite food at exclusive restaurants. Take a wrong turn, though, and one enters a world of poverty and thievery; a world where human life is cheap and citizens are packed into slums like rats who cannot leave the sinking ship. This Ubiquity-powered guidebook to Victorian London in the 1890s includes...
- An overview of how London works, including topics such as accommodation, climate, communications, death, entertainment, lighting, policing, and transportation.
- A tour taking in over 120 locations.
- Statistics for 39 major historical and literary personages and 20 stock characters.
- The names of important ambassadors, government official, military leaders, museum and gallery curators, newspaper editors, and religious leaders.
- Advice on how to run city-based adventures and 19 adventure seeds.
- Four Leagues of Adventure, six sample player characters, and eight henchmen.